Parking & Directions
The Children’s Discovery Museum is located at 101 E Beaufort Street, in the heart of Uptown Normal. There are hundreds of Parking Spaces within walking distance of the Children’s Discovery Museum.
The best place to park and/or unload is next door at Uptown Station. Unloading is prohibited around the Uptown Circle, however you can use the Uptown Station parking deck for a free, safe, and weather-proof drop off location. Uptown Station is equipped with convenient elevators and a climate controlled lobby. Door to door, you’ll travel an easy 120 feet to the Museum. If you choose to park in the Uptown Station Deck, the first hour is free and $1/hr thereafter. If you prefer to park elsewhere, there are many options:
- Parking Decks (Free for the first hour, $1/hour thereafter, Free after 6 p.m. and on Sundays.)
- Uptown Station Deck: 123 W Beaufort Street
- College Avenue Deck: 101 W Mulberry Street
- Three-hour Parking (FREE)
- Parkinson Street Parking Lot: 140 Parkinson Street, use rail crossing at Linden Street to access Museum/Uptown
- Two-hour Parking (FREE)
- Trail East Parking Lot: 103 E College Avenue
- One-hour Street Parking (FREE) is enforced during business hours Monday-Saturday
From the North and West
- Exit Interstate 55 at Exit 165A Main St./ BUS US-51 S Travel south on Main Street/BUS US-51 S for approximately 1.7 miles Turn left (east) on College Avenue Turn right at Constitution Boulevard.
- When you get to the roundabout take the 2nd right (Beaufort St) Turn left into the Uptown Station Parking Deck This is the most convenient place for you to park to visit the Museum. (Parking rates apply Monday-Saturday. $1 per hour with the first hour being free.) It is free to park after 6pm and on Sundays.
- Once parked, travel on foot the short distance from the parking deck to the Museum.
From the East and South
- Take Interstate 74 to Interstate 55 North.
- Exit Interstate 55 at Exit 165A N Main St/BUS US-51 S Follow the directions as written above, beginning with No. 2.